ROYSE CITY ISD BOND REFERENDUM.
A COMPREHENSIVE $60 MILLION PACKAGE.
Bond package overview:
- Construction of a new 1,000 student middle school in Fate – one of the fastest growing areas of Royse City ISD.
- The current middle school and new middle school will serve 6th through 8th grade students, which will allow our elementary schools to serve pre-k through the 5th grade.
- New configuration for our middle schools will allow Herndon and Cherry intermediate schools to become elementary schools – this will cost less money than building new elementary schools.
- Will fund the expansion of the band hall at Royse City High School to assist with the growing student involvement in our award winning musical offerings.
- Improvements at Royse City Middle School including new paint and flooring, restroom renovations, sidewalk paving, security upgrades and renovations to the cafeteria and library.
- Bond package will pay for upgrades and maintenance at Ruth Cherry Intermediate, Davis Elementary and Anita Scott Elementary to allow our educators to focus more on teaching and less on infrastructure.